Practice Questions on Fill in the blanks for ssc cgl exam Tier 2 set 1
Practice Questions on Fill in the blanks For SSC CGL Exam tier 2 (Vocabulary-based)
1 She hadn’t eaten all day, and by the time she got home she was______.
a. blighted b. confutation c. ravenous d.ostentatious
2 The movie offended many of the parents of its younger viewers by including unnecessary ______ in the dialogue.
a. vulgarity b.verbosity c. vocalizations d.garishness
3 His neighbors found his ______ manner bossy and irritating, and they stopped inviting him to their functions.
a. insentient b.magisterial c. reparation d.restorative
4 Steven is always ______ about showing up for work because he feels that tardiness is a sign of irresponsibility.
5 Chandu would ______ his little sister into an argument by teasing her and calling her names.
a. advocate b.provoke c. perforate d.expunge
6 The dress Anu wore ______ with small, glassy beads, creating a shimmering effect.
a. titillated b.reiterated c. scintillated d.enthralled
7 Being able to afford this luxury car will ______ getting a better paying job.
a. maximize b.recombinant c. reiterate d.necessitate
8 Levina unknowingly ______ the thief by holding open the elevator doors and ensuring his escape.
a. coerced b.proclaimed c. abetted d.sanctioned
9 Shakespeare, a(n) ______ writer, entertained audiences by writing many tragic and comic plays.
a. numeric b.obstinate c. dutiful d.prolific
10 I had the ______ experience of sitting next to an over-talkative passenger on my flight home from Dubai.
a. satisfactory b.commendable c. galling d.acute
11 Prince Phillip had to choose: marry the woman he loved and ______his right to the throne, or marry Lady Fiona and inherit the crown.
a. reprimand b.upbraid c. abdicate d.extol
12 If you will not do your work of your own ______, I have no choice but to penalize you if it is not done on time.
a. predilection b.coercion c. excursion d.volition
13 . After lying in the sink for several days, the dirty, food-encrusted dishes became ______.
a. malodorous b.prevalent c. imposing d.perforated
14 Geeta soon discovered the source of the ______ smell in the room:a week-old sandwich that one of the children had hidden in the almirah.
a. weird b.fastidious c. clandestine d.laconic
15 After making ______ remarks to the President, the reporter wasnot invited to return to the White House pressroom.
a. hospitable b.itinerant c. enterprising d.irreverent
16 With her ______ eyesight, Krisha spotted a pair of deer on thehillside and she reduced the speed of her car.
a. inferior b.keen c. impressionable d.ductile
17 With a(n) ______ grin, the boy quickly slipped the candy into hispocket without his mother’s knowledge.
a. jaundiced b.nefarious c. stereotypical d.sentimental
18 Her ______ display of tears at work did not impress her new boss,who felt she should try to control her emotions.
a. excessive b.meritorious c. precarious d.plausible
19 Johan argued, “If you know about a crime but don’t report it, youare ______ in that crime because you allowed it to happen.”
a. acquitted b.steadfast c. tenuous d.accomplice
20 The authorities, fearing a ______ of their power, called for amilitary state in the hopes of restoring order.
a. subversion b.premonition c. predilection d.infusion
21 The story’s bitter hero felt such great ______ for all of the othercharacters that as a result, his life was very lonely and he died alone.
a. insurgence b.malevolence c. reciprocation d.declamation
22 It is difficult to believe that charging 20% on an outstanding creditcard balance isn’t ______!
a. bankruptcy b.usury c. novice d.kleptomania
23 The ______ weather patterns of the tropical island meant touristshad to carry both umbrellas and sunglasses.
a. impertinent b.supplicantc. unpredictable d.illustrative
24 Wedding ceremonies often include the exchange of ______ rings symbolize the couple’s promises to each other.
a.acrimonious b. plaintive c.deciduous d.votive
25 Kiran was ______ in choosing her friends, so her parties were attended by vastly different and sometimes bizarre personalities.
a. indispensable b.indiscriminate c. commensurate d.propulsive
1. c. Ravenous(adj.) means extremely hungry.
2. a. Vulgarity(n.) means offensive speech or conduct.
3. b.Magisterial(adj.) means overbearing or offensively self-assured.
4. c. Punctual(adj.) means arriving exactly on time.
5. b.To provoke(v.) is to incite anger or resentment; to call forth a feeling or action.
6. c. To scintillate(v.) means to emit or send forth sparks or littleflashes of light, creating a shimmering effect; to sparkle.
7. d.To necessitate(v.) means to make necessary, especially as a result.
8. c. To abet(v.) means to assist, encourage, urge, or aid, usually anact of wrongdoing.
9. d. Prolific(adj.) means abundantly creative.
10. c. annoying(adj.) means irritating, annoying, or exasperating.
11. c. To abdicate(v.) means to formally relinquish or surrender power,office, or responsibility.
12. d.Volition(n.) means accord; an act or exercise of will.
13. a. Malodorous(adj.) means having a foul-smelling odour.
14. a.wired(adj.) means strange.
15. d.Irreverent(adj.) means lacking respect or seriousness; not reverent.
16. b.Keen(adj.) means being extremely sensitive or responsive;having strength of perception.
17. b.Nefarious(adj.) means wicked, vicious, or evil.
18. a. Excessive (adj) means too much.
19. d.accomplice(adj.) means participating in or associated with aquestionable act or a crime.
20. a. Subversion(n.) means an overthrow, as from the foundation.
21. b.Malevolence(n.) means ill will or malice toward others; hate.
22. b.Usury(n.) is the lending of money at exorbitant interest rates.
23. C unpredictable(adj.) means continually changing or quickly shifting.
24. d.Votive(adj.) means dedicated by a vow.
25. b. Indiscriminate (adj.) means not discriminating or choosingrandomly; haphazard; without distinction.
Practice Questions on Fill in the blanks for ssc cgl exam Tier 2 set 1 Reviewed by Admin on 10:45:00 PM Rating: