Time and Work
Basic Concept of Time and Work and short trick
1. M1D1W2 = M2D2W1 (M-man, D-Day, W-Work).
2. If A can do a piece of work in x days, then
A’s 1 day work = 1/x.
4. If A is X times as good a workman as B then:
Ratio of work done by A and B = X : 1
Ratio of time taken by A and B to ﬁnish a work = 1 : X.
- If A can do a piece of work in x days and B can do it in y days then A and B working together will do the same work in xy/(x+y) days.
- If A and B together can do a piece of work in Y days and A can do it in X days then B working alone will do the same work in xy/(x-y) days.
Time and Work Reviewed by Admin on 1:58:00 AM Rating: