Active Passive Voice for SSC CGL Tier 2 : Rules & Tricks
SSC CGL Active and Passive Voice Rules and Tricks Short Notes:
Active voice: In active sentences, the subject is active or the subject performs the actions.
e.g. The cow (Subject) is eating (Verb) grass (Object).—Active Voice
e.g. Grass (Subject) is being eaten (Verb) by the cow (Object).—Passive Voice
Active and passive voice, rules, examples for SSC CGL
Note: In Present perfect continuous tense, Past perfect continuous tense, Future perfect continuous tense, Future perfect tense, we use the same sentence in passive voice. It means these tense cannot be changed in passive form.
Active and passive voice with modalsSSC CGL Active and Passive Voice
|Modals||Auxiliary Verb in Passive Voice||Active Voice||Passive Voice|
|Can/ Could||Can/Could+ be+ 3rd verb||I can solve these sums.||These sums can be solved by me.|
|I cannot solve these sums.||These sums cannot be solved by me.|
|Can I solve these sums?||Can these sums be solved by me?|
|Has to/ Have to||Has to/ Have to+3rd verb||He has to complete his assignment.||His assignment has to be completed by him?|
|Must||Must+3rd verb||You must learn this book.||This book must be learnt by you.|
|May||may+be+3rd verb||I may buy the book.||The book may be bought by me.|
|Might||might+ be+ 3rd Verb||They might play chess.||Chess might be played by them.|
|Should||should+ be+3rd verb||Students should learn all lessons.||All lessons should be learnt by students.|
Active and passive voice with Imperative Sentences
These are the sentences in which we express our feeling and emotions like command, order, advice, and request.
1. Lets + new object + be/Not be +past participle or 3rd form.
2. For sentences containing, Request, advice and order, we will use you are Requested to, advised to and ordered to.
Note: Always remove please and kind if they are given in the sentence.
|Active Voice||Passive Voice|
|Shut the door.||Let the door be shut.|
|Post the letter at once.||Let the letter be posted at once.|
|Always speak the truth.||Let the truth always be spoken.|
|Do not starve the cow.||Let the cow not be starved.|
|Let him help his brother.||Let his brother be helped by him.|
|Clean your room.||Let your room be cleaned.|
|Learn your lesson.||Let your lesson be learnt.|
|Please do me a favor tonight||You are requested to do me a favor tonight.|
|Get out of my house.||You are ordered to get out of mu house.|
|Kindly do not smoke in public place.||You are requested not to smoke in public place|
To make passive voice, first of all you have to use following rules.
1.Change the object into subject. If in object, we have a pronoun of object case convert that by following rules.
2. Change the subject into object. And use by before the object. If in subject, we have a pronoun of nominative case convert that by the following rules.
SSC CGL Active and Passive Voice
Some basic rules of active voice and voice are given below
- First of all, find subject, object and the main verb it means find SVO .
- Convert the object into subject.
- Use the suitable helping verb or auxiliary verb according to the tense. If helping verb is given, use verb as it is. But note that the helping verb used should be according to the object.
- Convert the verb into past participle or 3rd form of the verb.
- Use the preposition “by”.
- Convert the subject into object.
SSC CGL Active and Passive Voice
Active Passive Voice for SSC CGL Tier 2 : Rules & Tricks Reviewed by Admin on 9:42:00 AM Rating: