Job Profile of Commercial Apprentice CA through RRB
Job Profile of Commercial Apprentice (CA) in Indian Railways (RRB)
- Commercial Apprentices are trained as a sort of multi skilled supervisors in the Commercial branch.
- 25% of the posts in the categories of Commercial Inspectors, Claims Inspectors, Rates Inspectors, Chief Booking/Parcel/Goods Clerks in GP 4200 will be filled by recruitment as Commercial Apprentices. (Ref 1)
- They will be given 2 year training in different categories of working of Commercial branch - training in duties of Commercial clerks, parcel clerks, goods clerks, catering, commercial inspectors.
- They may be put to work independently also in these posts during training.
- Job profile: After 2 years training they will be posted normally as Chief Commercial/Parcel/Goods Clerk even though they can be posted as Commercial inspectors also in principle.
- Career path : Next promotion will be to Parcel/Goods supervisor in GP 4600. Future promotions to managerial (Gazetted) posts are based on departmental examinations.
Recruitment (Ref 1)
- Out of total 25 % of the post in Commercial Inspectors, Claims Inspectors, Rates Inspectors, Chief Booking/Parcel/Goods Clerks in GP 4200 , 10% will be filled through Traffic Apprentices selected through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) from amongst serving staff amongst serving staff who are graduates in Commercial Department (other than Ministerial) upto 40 year of age.
- 15% plus shortfall , if any, against LDCE quota as above, by direct recruitment through the Railway Recruitment Boards(RRBs).
Qualification for Direct Recruitment: Degree from recognized university or equivalent. Diploma in Rail Transport and Management from the Institute of Rail Transport will be an additional desirable qualification.
Selection Process : Written Examination and Document Verification.
Salary and other perks:
- Pay Scale (9300-34800) with initial Basic - 9300 and Grade Pay 4200,
- other perks as admissible for central Govt. employees (DA, TA, HRA)
- Deductions from salary include 10% of total Pay towards New Pension scheme.
1. Rule 130 of Indian Railway Establishment Manual Chapter I
Click Here: To see the Best Books for RRB Railways NTPC 2016
Click Here To see RRB Advertisement and other details for 18252 posts (Non technical) for 2016
Click Here: To Download Previous Year Papers / Mock Papers in PDF
Job Profle of Traffic Apprentice (TA) in Railways
Job Profile of Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC) in Railways
Job profile of Goods Guard in Railways
Job profile of Assistant Station Master (ASM) in railways
Job Profile of Commercial Apprentice CA through RRB Reviewed by Admin on 10:00:00 AM Rating: